ELDER FIDUCIARY ABUSE: Mitigating the Risk and Making a Difference
Since 1985, Steve Barlam has worked exclusively in the field of Geriatrics, working directly with clients and their families, as well as developing innovative service delivery models, with a passion for Care Management.
He has served as a leader in the Professional Geriatric Community, sitting on numerous National and Local Boards, and served as President for the National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers, currently the Aging Life Care Association.
Steve is a regular lecturer at local universities, and national conferences on topics relating to Care Management, Technology, and Patient/Client Care. He firmly believes in the power of education and coaching to help professionals enhance their skills to positively impact their clients lives as well as their practices.
Elder Abuse, and especially fiduciary abuse, is prevalent and under-reported. You need to know about it and understand what you can do to protect vulnerable clientele - older adults and their family members - and in some cases prevent it from happening.
- Defining what it is
- How big an issue is it / prevalence
- What does it look like – specific types of financial abuse – from undue influence, to predatory scams, to blatant taking advantage of a compromised individual
- Who is the most vulnerable
- Understanding who the perpetrators are
- What are the Red flags
- What can a professional do to mitigate the risk
Thank you to our Silver Sponsor!